When the first showers hit, we all welcome them heartily after the scorching summer sun. But the coming of the monsoon also means low immunity and low digestive power. This is why the ancient science of Ayurveda has practical tips to boost immunity and stay away from viral infections as well as monsoon diseases.
A good immune system is the ‘anti-virus’ defence against any disease. Forget about pumping your immune system with pills, we take the age-old way to boost immunity
We list out natural herbs and home remedies that can build immunity.
Ayurveda herbs to boost immunity:
1) Neem: These leaves are beneficial to cure skin problems. Neem tea improves indigestion and constipation; and neem can reduce acidity as well.
2) Amla: Lowers cholesterol, controls blood sugar in diabetes, improves blood circulation, improves digestion and alleviates constipation.
3) Turmeric: New research around turmeric constantly increases the importance of this herb. Turmeric is believed to reduce arthritis, asthma, colds, cancer, diabetes and inflammation.
4) Ginger: Besides building immunity, ginger is beneficial for absorbing nutrients in the body, opening sinus, reducing inflammation and chest congestion.
5) Aswagandha: Besides improving your immunity, aswagandha is beneficial for revitalising energy levels, and slowing the aging process. Make a powder of the root and add three to four grams to milk.
6) Giloy – Tinospora Cordifolia: To giloy juice, add neem and amla for skin problems. Giloy is effective in eliminating toxins from the body.
7) Mulethi – Liquorice: Mulethi is a great herb to rejuvenate your body. Prepare a mixture of powdered mulethi root and add honey and ghee to it.
8) Tulsi – Holy Basil: The leaves of the holy basil plant are instrumental for coughs, sore throats, mouth infection, skin problems, headaches and boosting immunity.