Lassi is an age-old Punjabi drink , which is generally consumed after a meal. But there’s more to lassi than being just another refreshing summer drink and provides you with several health benefits.
Lassi is prepared with yogurt and is the best when it comes to soothing the digestive tract. This article will let you know what are the health benefits of drinking lassi every day. Lassi is made with curd, which is prepared in the traditional way with a culture of bacteria and also chilled with ice cubes while being churned. Lassi fortifies you with protein and calcium content. Anybody can enjoy a glass of lassi, including those with diabetes. It’s just that they need to substitute sugar with stevia.
Health benefits of lassi:
- Loaded with probiotics: Lassi is a probiotic drink that helps in the growth of good bacteria and prevents the growth of bad bacteria in your gut. This keeps your stomach free from any kind of infection or stomach disorders.
- Digestion: If you cannot have milk, yoghurt is considered the next best option. Since lassi is prepared with yoghurt, this drink is beneficial for soothing the digestive tract. Lassi promotes digestive enzymes and aids in digestion.
- Stomach problems: Lassi or buttermilk is a healthy and natural remedy used to ease the bloating of the stomach, preventing constipation and other stomach disorders.
- Helps in increasing the muscle mass: Lassi is rich in protein and thus helps in giving mass to your muscles. Being a rich source of protein, it is a favourite among body builders. But a layman can benefit from the drink just as much as a person who wants to increase the muscle mass.
- Weight loss: If you are on a weight loss program, you can substitute your afternoon meals with a couple of glasses of lassi without actually missing out on any nutrients and vitamins. It satiates your hunger and keeps you full for a long time.
- Treats diarrhoea: Those suffering from diarrhoea are recommended lassi as it keeps one hydrated.
- Bone health: Improve your bone health and dental health with lassi as well. Since lassi is rich in calcium, it is an excellent way to strengthen the bones.